Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Quitting cold turkey

   I had this brilliant plan to quite Paxil...cold, frozen, turkey. Why? Well, I didn't want to refill my prescription and I really want to be done with it! And I'm sure a small ounce of insanity comes into play. It hasn't been the easiest thing, I swear I could quit smoking smelly old cigarettes easier! 

   I know you're supposed to ween yourself off over time, and even though the side effects are less sever, they're just there for longer. The odd thing is that my side effects are nothing like the ones most people seem to experience. Could it be because I'm sans colon? Ya know, for an organ I can live without, it seems to have a large effect on the way my body works. Last night, for example, one minute I was knitting and the next, it's 6 hours later and I have no idea how or when I fell asleep. Normally I wouldn't mind, but I was sitting with the boo boo, and I really hope I didn't frighten her. 

   Yeah, I know I'm kind of rambling. One of the more interesting side effects it total lack of concentration and a "fuzzy" brain. That's all my already over worked brain needs...

No comments:

Post a Comment